In January 2015 a conference gathered some 90 experts from the European Union to finalize a training guide for European judges.
Initiated by the International Institute of Research Against Counterfeit Medicines (IRACM), the Pharmacrime 4 validation conference was held at the Direction Générale de la Gendarmerie Nationale on January 22 and 23, 2015 in Issy-les-Moulineaux, near Paris, in France.
Pharmacrime 4 aims to increase the effectiveness of investigations related to falsified/counterfeit medicines by educating European judges and prosecutors on the subject. After the validation conference, a European guide on good practices for judges and prosecutors involved in investigations on counterfeit medicines was given. This conference was also the opportunity to have a training/awareness session with the attending judges and prosecutors.
This project is funded by IRACM and implemented by EUCOJUST AISBL.
Partners involved in Pharmacrime 4
- EJTN (European Judicial Training Network)
- FAMHP (Federal Agency for medicines and health care products – Belgium)
- HPRA (Health Product Regulatory Authority – Ireland)
- INTERPOL (International Criminal Police Organisation)
- NAS (Anti-Fraud Squad/Carabinieri – Italy)
- MHRA (Medicine and Healthcare Product Regulatory Agency – UK)
- OCLAESP (Office Central de Lutte contre les atteintes à l’environnement et à la Santé Publique – French Gendarmerie)
- PFIPC (Permanent Forum on International Pharmaceutical Crime)
- PSI (Pharmaceutical Security Institute)
– Find out more about Pharmacrime 4.
– Read the media release.