IRACM, whose mission is to educate the general public and the authorities about the scourge that is medicine counterfeiting, focuses especially on international initiatives to provide advice, aid and expertise to those working in the field, governments and health professionals.
For several years now, the institute has been developing widescale international projects such as:
- Pharmacrime projects for Europe;
- intercepting transport containers in Africa;
- conducting research on medicine counterfeiting;
- providing international training and an open access e-learning programme;
- organizing educational conferences in various countries.
Model legislation is also being devised for different countries to provide them with a key weapon to counter the problem.
IRACM’s strategy is an offensive strategy to tackle the ever-evolving issue of medicine counterfeiting on a global scale.