The alert relates to three different fake rabies vaccines (Verorab, Speeda and Rabipur) and one fake rabies serum (Equirab) which are circulating in the country. The alert is linked to a previous alert issued on January 30, 2019: Alerte OMS Produit Médical N°1/2019. WHO recently received confirmation that fake batches of Verorab, Speeda, Rabipur and Equirab are available to patients in the Philippines. An enquiry is currently under way and the available samples are being screened as quickly as possible to determine their composition and better assess the risk to public health.
Source : www.who.int
The Federal Commission for the Protection against Sanitary Risk (COFREPRIS) has opened an enquiry based on a complaint filed by Roche S.A.C.V. Laboratory concerning the falsification of Ampoule 440mg HERCEPTIN (Trastuzumab). The alert applies to the following batches: N7101B03 B3018, N7086B02 B3016, N3818B02 B3048, N3834B01 B3053 and N3839B01 B3055.
Information about the fake product:
1. it is not stamped with information confirming that it belongs to the health sector and that its sale is forbidden;
2. the price is not indicated beside the barcode;
3. the amount of powder is higher than that of the fake product;
4. the tampered product is not stamped with the double blue propeller on the lid;
5. the tampered product does not dissolve when a diluent is added;
6. a large quantity of the tampered product’s powder is humid and is stuck to the sides of the bottle.
Source : www.gob.mx
The draft law establishing the Egyptian Drug Authority and the Egyptian Authority for Purchasing Medical Supplies and the Department of Medical Technology is a major step forward for Egypt. The establishment of these authorities aims to develop the health system and medical industries, provide medication on a regular basis, counter monopolistic practices in the medical sector, and combat fake medicines. The Egyptian Drug Authority’s objectives are to:
– Establish policies, rules and regulations for all matters related to the organization, implementation and control of the production and circulation of pharmaceuticals, medical supplies and raw materials, and verify their quality and effectiveness inside and outside Egypt.
– Develop the effectiveness and quality of pharmaceuticals and raw materials.
– Raise health awareness amongst professionals and the public.
– Cooperate and coordinate with national and international organizations.
Source : www.egypttoday.com
In a notice published in July, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) confirmed it would extend the track-and-trace system for exported medicines deadline until April 1 next year. India’s traceability system for exported medicines has had a few teething troubles and this marks the second occasion that the DGFT has opted to extend the deadline for aggregation and reporting. Last month, India’s government appointed a new expert committee that has been given the task of improving the existing serialization and traceability drive for exported medicines, as well as speeding up the extension of the program for medicines distributed in the domestic market.
Source : www.securingindustry.com
Pharmaceutical company director, PT Jasa Karunia Investindo (JKI), is suspected of repackaging generic medicines and selling them as if they were patented medicines. He also stamped fake expiration dates on the packages during the repackaging process.
Source : www.thejakartapost.com