In France, scams from malicious companies and individuals are increasing in light of the current fearful atmosphere. The GPRRF (the French Multipurpose Research and Repression Group) has issued a statement:
• There are currently no vaccine, food, air purifiers, lamps, food supplements, or even essential oils which can prevent or cure COVID-19. Any suggestion to the contrary is misleading commercial practice.
• France does not directly provide individuals with test kits. Any test kit offers which may appear to come from a government department is a scam to retrieve your personal data, especially your bankcard details.
• Fake websites are trying to sell medicines, especially medicines for other illnesses. Purchasing them online is illegal and may put your health at risk (side effects, fake medicines).
• Online paracetamol sales have been suspended: online ads for paracetamol are therefore fake.
• Self-certified authorizations to leave the home are free and are not for sale. Some websites are offering to publish a digital version: be careful, only official authorizations which are printed or copied on plain paper are valid. You could also be giving out your personal data.
• For the moment, the government does not decontaminate individual homes. Offers of allegedly mandatory decontamination are from people attempting to enter your home with evil intent.
• Some people have set up donation platforms or kitties to help health care workers or support vaccine research. Check that the person is a registered professional and where your donations are going before transferring any money.
Source : www.service-public.frBack to previous